I would like to talk about building your value as a stylist. What's value you might ask? Well value or stock is what makes you, "YOU"....... what you've achieved thus far! Say for example you participate in a lot of photo-shoots, that should make you valuable in knowing how to dress hair with meticulous style for behind the camera and behind the chair.
Now lets say your guest in the salon loves coming to you, but they've been approached by other stylist out there. What can you do to prevent such tragedy from happening? Well, if you're a well represented stylist you should have some value/stock built up.
Here are some examples......
- -taking classes (vidal sassoon, redken, toni & guy, matrix, etc)
- -participating in photo-shoots
- -charity work
- -attending shows (ISSE, Mid West, IBS, etc)
- -teaching classes (at schools, salons, etc)
- -participating in fashion shows
- -apprenticing an icon/legend, any one you look up to
- -mentoring someone/someone mentoring you